THE 7 STEPS TO GUARANTEED EFT SUCCESSTM
HERE ARE THE 7 STEPS FOR YOU TO GUARANTEE SUCCESS IN AN EFT SESSION. IT ALSO WORKS IN MANY OTHER HEALING MODALITIES. THIS IS WHY WE CAN GUARANTEE SUCCESS IN AN EFT SESSION, OR THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE SESSION.
If you would like to guarantee success in an EFT session (or other healing modality), for yourself or for a client, master the steps below. THIS WORKS.
Testing for completeness: Here are the Seven Steps for Total Success in an EFT Session, for both emotional and physical issues.
See the Body/Mind/Emotion/EFT chart
- Select a SPECIFIC PART of a SPECIFIC MEMORY. Rate the SUDS level (0-10).
- Tap Eliminate Psychological Reversal.
- Review the entire memory, scene by scene, tapping them all down to “0”.
- Voice your feelings at the time. - “ Dad, (or whoever) I am feeling …..”.
- Find the FEELING of being responsible or guilty, WITHOUT LOGIC OR REASON.
- Forgive the other party(ies) VERY COMFORTABLY. Rate the suds level.
- Recreate the movie AS A LOVE FEST, to feel the Love and Self Respect
More detail regarding these 7 steps.
1. Reducing the Emotion attached “globally” to the specific memory by going through SPECIFIC parts of the SPECIFIC memory,(the Movie Technique), all the while tapping with one of the PROCEDURES. We have found that it does not matter which of the spots you tap on or what you say, even saying nothing at all while you focus, if you are focusing on a still frame part of that movie, the emotion will subside substantially. (Including the reminder phrase if the emotion is still there after some tapping. “Even though I still have some of this ….. feeling.)
We have found that if the negative sting, or tightness in the body, does not drift away within 15 to 20 seconds of tapping, that is usually a sign that you, or your client, are not focusing on a SPECIFIC part of A SPECIFIC memory. To correct this, proceed to TELL THE STORY, ONE SENTENCE AT A TIME, STOPPING TO FEEL FOR AND TAPPING DOWN THE EMOTION AFTER EACH SENTENCE. You can do this yourself by pretending you are telling the story to someone – one sentence at a time and tapping about each sentence . Remember the Domino Effect. Use the information on this page and work 2 or 3 related memories down to a “0” and you will usually find that the sting is gone on ALL of the related memories, even if the type of event happened hundreds of times. This works best if the 2 or 3 memories are totally down to “0”.
2. Eliminate Psychological Reversal = Tapping on the KC (with the positive statements), Tapping on the Sore Spot (with the positive statements), Waving your energy up your spine, picturing Love From Your Heart, or simply saying anything positive, such as “Love, Peace & Joy.”
3. Review the memory, scene by scene. This appears to be Gary Craig’s primary testing method. Review the entire memory, scene by scene, looking for any scene in the old memory that might still have a bite, or negative sting. If so, have the client tap while focusing on that scene until it is down to a zero. The next 4 steps have been developed by Linda Nyberg and myself, Tom Masbaum.
4. Express how you felt at the time: The next step is to pretend you are back in the situation, facing the other party(s), and voice how you felt at that time, starting with the words “I feel...” or “ I am feeling ...”, adding a descriptive word and then nothing else after the descriptive word. If you use this step too soon, tears tend to flow heavily. Tears may still come after the memory is apparently down to “0”, but they seem to be more gentle tears of release. They are also a sign that some part of the memory still has a sting. Continue the tapping while repeating the “I feel ...” statements until there is no emotional attachment to any of the “I feel ...” statements.
5. Find the FEELING of being responsible or guilty. Find your “Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda.” There is no logic involved in this step. In fact, many times it may appear illogical. You are looking for a feeling that you felt at the moment of the event in memory. Find the negative feeling of “fault” (responsibility, blame, regret, etc.) that you felt at that time. Find your “RESPONSIBILITY/REGRET/SHAME GUILT/” or “Ah-ha” where you were “shoulding all over yourself” at the time of the event in memory. Remember, NO LOGIC. Find the feeling. One method, being careful not to use this too soon with your client, is to use the “Shame on you!” statement as a test, asking the client to watch for the feeling response to the statement. If they cannot find any emotional reaction or feeling of guilt (don’t use the word guilt) with a “Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda”, Go back to find some of the specific parts of the movie that still have a bite. Every time, the feeling is there after they have brought the SUDS level down to or near “0”. Then tap the shame feeling away.
6. The Forgiveness Step. Find the “Ah-ha” attached to the other participants in the event, why they did or said it. No Logic, necessarily, but have them get into the other person’s skin. (Snakes bite. Those abused as a child often abuse others. Perverts do perverted things. Control Freaks want to totally control, mean drunks say and do mean things, etc.). At this stage, if there is no negative sting or bite, you have come to complete forgiveness of the other people involved, yourself and the event itself. If they can’t comfortably forgive the other party, go back to the memory. Forgiveness is natural and easy, as long as there is no sting involved when you look back at a once painful memory. Every time they are uncomfortable (or resisting) extending forgiveness to the other party it is merely a sign that there is still a part of the movie with a sting.
7. Recreate the memory as a Love Fest by filling in the hole with a positive replacement movie/memory. You are the producer and the director of a made up movie in your mind. The body doesn’t know the difference between an actual event, a vivid memory or a vivid imaginary event. Produce a movie in your mind, similar to a memory, in which you feel the Love and Self Respect. This is based on Quantum Physics, The 4 Gospels of the Bible, the story of Job in the Old Testament, A Course In Miracles, The law of Attraction, the scientists in the documentary “what The Bleep Do We Know?” and more. You no longer need to attract additional events to match the old negative feelings, but you can now start to attract new events to match the feeling of being loved. See yourself in the same environment of the memory and with the same individual(s). Take away all of the actual circumstances of the memory and just “Be there” with the other party. Then imagine (make up a movie in your mind) that a stranger comes into the room (bedroom, kitchen, car, front porch, etc.) FEEL THE LOVE & RESPECT from the stranger’s eyes. If you can’t feel it, go back to the memory and sure enough some part still has a sting. Once again, if you can’t just make up a movie and find the feeling of being loved (by picturing the Love flowing from the other party’s eyes), it is a sign that some part of the memory still has a hook in you. Go back to the memory, and sure enough, you will find that some part still has a sting. After you can feel the love from the stranger’s eyes, feel the love from the eyes of the party who hurt you in the memory. The same rules apply as above for the stranger.
First (See #3 above) there is the review or rerunning of the movie again to see if there is any negative bite or sting attached to any “scene” (freeze-frame) of the memory. In most of my sessions I use the Movie Technique (we accomplish more if they can run the movie in their mind without the need to give me the details) until steps 6 & 7 above when they will then have a tendency to tell me the story in short form without any emotion.
Second (See #4 above) having the client express the feelings that they had at the time of the event seems to bring up additional stinging emotions, even though they might have thought that it was down to a “0” from the tapping. Sometimes if a lot of tears flow, I will take them back to the memory for additional tapping. Other times just tapping while they express their feelings is enough. (Clients with thyroid problems usually react strongly to this step. See the mind/body/emotion chart below.)
Third (See #5 above) the resistance to forgive drifts away when all of the negative sting is gone, and then the compassion that is in all of us comes to the fore. “My Dad was a pervert, and I let it bother me for over 40 years. I wasn’t the only one. I wonder why he was like that.”This is an actual quote from a colon case client after 10 minutes at my booth at a holistic health fair.
Fourth (See #6 above) I have found 99% of the time, with hundreds of clients, that after the “bite” is gone, the client will find the sense of fault, guilt, regret or some other "Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda" that they felt at that time, even as a small child. Remember, no logic in this step. If they can’t find the “shoulda” feeling have them go back to the memory and you will find that some scene still has the bite. This step is especially important for clients with any issues of grief (loss of loved ones, pets, jobs, businesses, relationships, etc.)
Fifth (See #7 above) having them recreate the movie, feeling love in their heart FROM the other party gets them on their way toward creating more love in their life. For you, I have found that when they couldn’t FEEL the love, the memory still requires more tapping on some scenes in that memory.
DISCLAIMER: The U.S. law does not permit us to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Please understand that our comments are for educational purposes only.